Sunday, March 3, 2013

Chicken

I baked a whole chicken.  Stuffed it with half a small Gala apple, half an onion, and half a lemon.  Rubbed it with olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh rosemary.  Baked it in the oven at 425? until the thermometer read 165 degrees.  Best chicken I've ever baked!  I baked it uncovered and there was no "steam" from another pan of water underneath.  The skin really kept the chicken tender.


Super moist piece of flavorful chicken!

I used the carcass to make stock.  Simmered the carcass with carrots, celery, onion, for about 4 hours.  All the chicken from the baked chicken disappeared fast.  I needed more chicken for the soup so I poached two chicken breasts in some chicken stock and then shredded it for my Chicken Noodle Soup.  Delicious with parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment